As baby boomers age, the number of elders in Arlington will more than double. The County Board charged the Elder Readiness Task Force in 2006 with assessing County readiness to meet the changing needs of a growing elder population. The Elder Readiness Plan is a blueprint for an inclusive, livable community that will be ready to meet the increased needs of the elder population expected over the next 25 years.
Task Force Reports
- Elder Readiness Plan 5 Year Update – 2012
- Elder Readiness Implementation Plan – 2007
- Elder Readiness Summary – 2006
- Elder Readiness Plan: Part I – Report – 2006
- Elder Readiness Plan: Part II – Recommendations – 2006
Demographic Profile of Elders in Arlington