We promote maximum independence of Arlington County residents with intellectual or developmental disabilities by helping individuals and their families access services that enable them to have choices within their lives, at home and in the community.
Support Coordination assists individuals and their families with accessing appropriate services based on their needs and preferences. We provide support coordination to adults of all ages and children age 3 and older.
Residential Services offer community living options for individuals 18 years and older with the goal of maximizing independence. Options include respite, in-home, supervised apartments, group homes and community-based Intermediate Care Facilities for individuals with intellectual disabilities.
- About Residential Services
- Contracted Residential Providers – providers contracted by the County to provide residential services
Employment, Habilitation and Transportation
Options include employment (group and individual support) and habilitation programs. These programs enable adults with intellectual and developmental disabilities to prepare for and engage in meaningful employment and/or training to increase their functional skills and self-sufficiency. Transportation enables individuals unable to use public transportation to attend their employment or habilitation services.
- Employment and Habilitation Options – description of the types of services that are available
- Contracted Employment and Habilitation Service Providers – providers contracted by the County to provide these services.
How to Apply
- Call 703-228-1700 (703-228-1788 TTY) and ask for DD services to learn more. If you have a child in Arlington Public Schools, ask your school’s transition coordinator about DD services.
- Complete the application for services before your first meeting. Bring Arlington residency documentation and results from a psychological evaluation to verify diagnosis.
- Services are contingent on funding availability and eligibility criteria. You must have a support coordinator to be eligible for Residential Services or Employment, Habilitation and Transportation Services.