What We Do
The Nursing Case Management (NCM) program helps individuals improve or maintain their health so they can remain at home safely for as long as possible. Services include:
- Providing case management and coordinating your health care
- Assessing and monitoring your health status
- Pre-pouring your medications
- Providing health education
- Referring you for other services you might need
Who is Eligible?
Arlington residents 60 years old or older with multiple chronic illnesses or adults age 18 to 59 with a permanent disability who:
- Require assistance managing health care needs
- Lack a sufficient support system
- Have a physician who can order services and renew orders every six months and/or when treatment changes
- Have no access to another source for care coordination
- Are no longer eligible for skilled care but who have an ongoing need for care coordination and medication management
For Clients Receiving Skilled Care
- In order to not duplicate services from other providers, individuals receiving skilled care at home, at the hospital or living in a nursing home or assisted living facility are not eligible. Skilled care includes care coordination and medication management.
- Individuals discharged from skilled care or the hospital without skilled care are eligible for the service once the treatment orders are received from the physician.
What is the Cost?
- There may be a small fee, based on your income
- Costs are not covered by Medicare, Medicaid or other health insurance
- Call 703-228-1700 (703-228-1788 TTY) or Email Us to learn more about these services.
- Visit the Customer Service Center from 8 a.m. – 4:30 p.m. on business days. Meet with an intake worker for an initial assessment of your needs.
- Care Providers: Please make referrals at least 2 weeks before discharge from skilled services and as soon as possible prior to hospital or nursing home discharge.
- We welcome referrals made by families, friends, physicians, and other community agencies