Virginia Insurance Counseling and Assistance Program (VICAP)
The Virginia Insurance Counseling and Assistance Program (VICAP) provides free, in-depth, one-on-one insurance counseling to Medicare Beneficiaries, their families, friends and caregivers. Trained and certified VICAP counselors provide free and confidential assistance. VICAP serves Arlington County Residents.
- Individual counseling on Medicare Parts A, B, C (health plans), Medicare Part D (prescription plans), and Medigap
- Medicare classes offered throughout the year
- Help resolving Medicare claims or billing issues
- Assistance with filing for Medicare-related benefits
- Assistance with understanding Medicaid and long-term care insurance
- Assistance with understanding eligibility and applications for low-income assistance programs
Appointments are encouraged for in-person Medicare counseling meetings. Please fill out this Personal Information Form and bring it with you to the appointment or return by mail or fax.