Virginia Insurance Counseling and Assistance Program (VICAP)
The Virginia Insurance Counseling and Assistance Program (VICAP) provides free, in-depth, one-on-one insurance counseling to Medicare Beneficiaries, their families, friends and caregivers. Trained and certified VICAP counselors provide free and confidential assistance. VICAP serves Arlington County Residents.
- Individual counseling on Medicare Parts A, B, C (health plans), Medicare Part D (prescription plans), and Medigap
- Medicare classes offered throughout the year
- Help resolving Medicare claims or billing issues
- Assistance with filing for Medicare-related benefits
- Assistance with understanding Medicaid and long-term care insurance
- Assistance with understanding eligibility and applications for low-income assistance programs
Appointments are encouraged for in-person Medicare counseling meetings. Please fill out this Personal Information Form and bring it with you to the appointment or return by mail or fax.
Medicare Open Enrollment October 15 – December 7
Concerned that your or your loved one’s prescription costs have increased as health needs change? Medicare prescription plans can make changes every year to their costs and formulary (list of drugs covered). The only way to be certain your existing plan can provide the best coverage for you next year is to check your coverage during Open Enrollment. Open Enrollment for Medicare Part D Prescription Drug Plans and Part C Medicare Advantage Plans runs Oct. 15-Dec. 7.
Virginia Insurance Counseling and Assistance Program, (VICAP) is here to help! Call 703-228-1725 to schedule an appointment with a trained, certified VICAP Medicare counselor.
- Medicare and Coronavirus
- VICAP Volunteer Opportunities (Search “Insurance” to find VICAP volunteer opportunities)
- Medicare classes
- Medicare Part D Frequently Asked Questions
- Senior Medicare Patrol